Friday, January 23, 2009

Cleaning the stable I

So, that sounded like a good plan and I did get the R100RS back on the road in August. It has proved to be the best bike ever; don't let Gilera hear me say that. Gilera did not get her tear down for maintenance. Instead I am prepping to take the R100RS back down so that I can have the top end rebuilt. 100 psi compression on both sides and about 140 psi when I oil the cylinder. I am looking at rebuilding the heads, oversize rings and new rod bearings. If I can afford it I would like to rebuild the brakes with EBC rotors and pads, re-pad the seat and new shock absorbers.

Meanwhile, or actually, before all of this, I had bought another R60/6 because I couldn't pass up that price. After some minimal work done to it, Luke rode it for part of the summer and fall. I have been trying to sell it since Sept. but I was way too greedy on the price. I just put it back up for sale at a reduced price and it finally has sold.

This is how it came in:
s1600-h/2008-07-17+R60-6+1975+003.jpg">

This is how it went out:

No comments: